Liability. By using the OCA’s MP section, you agree not to hold us responsible for what MP users post or do (both members and vendors). As all of the content of the OCA’s MP section comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability of the products and services posted on the MP. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any indirect or consequential damages arising out of your use of the MP, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring.
Moderation. You agree we may moderate your MP access and use at our sole discretion, e.g. by blocking (e.g. IP addresses), filtering, deletion, delay, omission, verification, and/or access/account termination. You agree (1) not to bypass this moderation, (2) we are not liable for moderating, not moderating, and (3) nothing we say or do waives our right to moderate, or not.
It is prohibited to advertise the following goods and services on the MP:
- Any good, service, or content that violates the law or legal rights of others.
- False, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content; bait and switch; keyword spam.
- Offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or malicious postings or email.
- Spam; miscategorized, over posted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content.
- Recalled items; hazardous materials; etc.
- Stolen property, property with serial number removed/altered, etc.
- Counterfeit, replica, or pirated items.
- Postings or email offering, promoting, or linking to unsolicited products or services.
- Affiliate marketing; network, or multi-level marketing; pyramid schemes.
The OCA maintains the right to approve of all ads before they are posted to the MP section, and remove any content at our sole discretion. If you do notice any problems or offensive content, please inform us immediately via email at email@example.com so that we can continue to keep the site working properly. We may limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the MP section if we think that they are creating problems or acting outside any of the OCA’s policy guidelines. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off of the MP or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring the MP or for unauthorized or unlawful content on the MP, or use of the MP by users.
Sales. You authorize us to charge the provided credit card if MP user fees apply. Unless noted, fees are in Canadian dollars. The OCA holds the right to change fees when and how we see fit, and all fee changes will be posted on the MP site.
The fee schedule to post on the MP is as follows:
– Classified advertisements are free of charge for any current OCA member. All OCA members will have their ads posted automatically. Ads will remain online for a period of four weeks.
– Classified advertisements for vendors (any non OCA members) are accepted on the basis of a charge of $100 per 4 week posting, which includes HST. After the initial 4 week period, posts can be resubmitted for a $50 per 4 week charge. A credit card payment must accompany submission of the ad. All vendor ads must be approved by the OCA will be posted on the MP webpage within 48 hours of payment being received and approved, and will remain online for a period of four weeks. You will be notified if you ad has been approved or denied (depending on the completion of payment, and content of the ad) by email. The OCA reserves the right to approve or deny all ads without having to give any justification. The OCA may also remove an approved ad at any time.
Beyond the OCA’s fee schedule, all payment terms and contracts are to be agreed upon solely between the member/vendor and purchaser/contractor. The OCA is in no way involved in the transaction.
Word Limits. While no specific word limit is established, the OCA strongly encourages advertisements to be 50 words or less. The OCA reserves the right to ask vendors to observe this recommendation in specific cases.
Disclaimer. To the extent permitted by law, The OCA makes no promise as to the MP section: its completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, propriety, security or reliability. Both your access and use of the MP section are at your own risk. Furthermore, the OCA is not liable for any harm (either through faulty products, services or contracts) resulting from: user content, user conduct e.g. illegal conduct, or your MP use. Finally, the OCA, our officers, employees, directors, disclaim all warranties and conditions, express or implied. OCA entities are not liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss (e.g. of profit, revenue, data, goodwill, reputation etc.).