Annual General & Special Meeting 2017
Pursuant to the Bylaws of the Association, notice is hereby given that the 2017 Annual General and Special Meeting (AGM) of the membership of the Ontario Chiropractic Association will be held at the Delta Toronto, 75 Lower Simcoe St., Toronto on Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
If you would like to attend the AGM please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The agenda will include:
- Adoption of the Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Members held on December 3, 2016
- Annual Report of the Association, incorporating a message from the President
- July 31, 2017 OCA Audited Financial Statements
- Election of four members to the Ontario Chiropractic Association Board of Directors
- Appointment of Auditors
- Adoption of special resolutions which seek to:
- approve and authorize the continuance under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act.
- approve the draft Articles of Continuance
- approve the draft General Operating By-laws
- Any other business that may properly come before the meeting
All OCA members are urged to attend the AGM. If you are unable to attend in person, you may complete and return your Proxy to the OCA office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Please log in to view the 2017 Financial Statements.
Proposed Continuance to CNCA
The OCA is proposing adoption of the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act (CNCA). The CNCA is the first significant modernization of Canada’s not-for-profit legislation since 1917. It presents a modern and leading-edge framework for not-for-profit corporations, increasing accountability and transparency and providing you with even more rights as a member of our association.
For more information about the proposed changes to OCA By-Laws, please consult the following documents: